Quizzes for all age groups are below.
Quizzes for Teachers
**click graphic for print version**
Teachers Quiz 1
1. The highest mountain in any Australian state or territory is
Mt Buller/ Mt Kosciusko/ Ram’s Head/ Mount McClintock
2. A fiend in ‘Oliver Twist’ is
Falstaff/ Fagin/ Friday/ Faraday
3. -273oC is
Antarctica’s coldest recorded temperature/ Planet Saturn’s surface temperature/ Absolute Zero/ the temperature at which mercury freezes
4. The great composer, pianist and conductor Rachmaninoff was
Russian/ German/ Hungarian/ Polish
5. Which one is famous?
Aristotle’s Square/ Euclid’s Parallelogram/ Pythagoras’ Circle/ Pascal’s Triangle
6. The capital city of Ukraine is
L’viv/ Kiev/ Kharkiv/ Odessa
7. A skate is
a fish/ a bird/ an insect/ a mammal
8. Marie Curie moved to France from
Switzerland/ Poland/ Austria/ Romania
9. The flag of Hungary has three stripes that are
red, white and green (horizontal)/ red, white and green (vertical)/ red, yellow and green (horizontal)/ red, yellow and green (vertical)
10. Each of these men was Prime Minister of Australia. Which one was our 2nd Prime Minister?
George Reid/ John Watson/ Alfred Deakin/ Edmund Barton
Solutions to Teachers Quiz 1
1. Mount McClintock (in Australian Antarctic Territory)
3. Absolute Zero
5. Pascal’s Triangle
9. red, white and green (horizontal)
10. Alfred Deakin
Teachers Quiz 2
1. Which planet has a moon named Phobos?
Venus/ Saturn/ Jupiter/ Mars
2. Josephine Cochran invented
the dishwasher/ windscreen wipers/ disposable nappies/ white-out (liquid paper)
3. London’s latitude is just over
47oN/ 49oN/ 51oN/ 53oN
4. Elliot is a town in
WA/ NT/ SA/ Tas
5. Roald Dahl was born in
England/ Scotland/ Ireland/ Wales
6. 80% of San Francisco was destroyed by an earthquake in
1904/ 1906/ 1908/ 1910
7. How many active volcanoes does Australia have?
0/ 1/ 2/ 3
8. Who founded the Microsoft Corporation with Bill Gates?
Steve Wood/ Bob Greenberg/ Paul Allen/ Jim Lane
9. Who wrote the poem, ‘The Highwayman’?
Alfred Noyes/ Alfred Tennyson/ John Donne/ Oscar Wilde
10. The first person to reach the South Pole was
Robert Scott/ Robert Peary/ Thor Heyerdahl/ Roald Amundsen
Solutions to Teachers Quiz 2
8. Paul Allen
9. Alfred Noyes
10. Roald Amundsen
Teachers Quiz 3
1. In which country was Albert Einstein born?
2. When we gain weight do we also gain blood?
3. The Mariana Trench is in which ocean?
4. What fraction of a metre is a micron?
one thousandth/one millionth/one billionth
5. Tutankhamen died in his late…
teens/ 20s/ 30s
6. Tachyphagia is …….?
7. An okapi is an …..
Aztec temple/African mammal/Arctic bird
8. In France a ‘pont’ is a
9. What battle was fought in 1066?
10. Who starred alongside Clark Gable in ‘Gone with the Wind’?
Solutions to Teachers Quiz 3
4. one millionth
6. rapid eating
7. African mammal
9. Battle of Hastings
10. Vivien Leigh
Teachers Quiz 4
1. How many nanoseconds in a second?
2. Strasbourg is a city in …
3. K2 is a …
mountain/isotope/moon of Jupiter
4. Who wrote the novel ‘Frankenstein’?
5. What did Joseph Priestley discover?
6. In which part of the world was the abacus invented? ….
7. Which city was founded by Sir Stamford Raffles?
8. Who composed ‘Fur Elise’?
9. Which river flows through Budapest?
10. What is the capital city of Panama?
Solutions to Teachers Quiz 4
1. one billion
4. Mary Shelley
10. Panama City
Teachers Quiz 5
1. Bagpipes often play “Scotland the _ _ _ _ _.”
2. The continents with the largest and smallest populations begin with the same letter. What are these continents?
3. What did Alexander Fleming discover?
4. Cicero was Greek/ Egyptian/ Roman
5. Compared with a hectare an acre is:
larger/ smaller/ the same
6. In music which note is longer in time…
minim/ crotchet/ quaver ?
7. The last Ice Age ended around
1 000/ 10 000/ 1 00 000 years ago
8. What are the first three letters of the Greek alphabet?
9. A puck is used in which ‘cold’ team sport?
10. Which European country and its capital city both begin with the letter S?
Solutions to Teachers Quiz 5
7. 10 000
9. ice hockey
Teachers Quiz 6
1. John Logie Baird invented
radio television computers
2. Mach 1 is the speed of
sound light neither of these
3. What is the area of a square whose sides measure 0.5 cm?
4. Who was Charles Babbage?
5. Which river flows through Budapest?
6. Can you name an Egyptian city that has the letter A in its name three times?
7. Name one of the two most famous football (soccer) clubs in Spain.
8. Which one wrote the poem, ‘The Rime of the Ancient Mariner’?
Coleridge Shelley Tennyson
9. Which one is not in the Caribbean Sea?
Jamaica Puerto Rico Guam
10. The chemical symbol for iron is
Pb Ir Fe
Solutions to Teachers Quiz 6
4. inventor of the computer
7. Real Madrid/ FC Barcelona
Quizzes for Years 7 to 10
**click graphic for print version**
Years 7-10 Quiz 1
1. The Himalaya Mountains are in
South America/ Africa/ Asia
2. Napoleon was a famous
general/ artist/ composer
3. The world’s largest ocean is the
Pacific/ Indian/ Atlantic
4. The capital city of Italy is
Milan/ Paris/ Rome
5. Marco Polo went on a long journey
by ship/ on foot/ by sled
6. Tigers are native to
Africa/ Asia/ both Africa and Asia
7. Picasso was a famous
artist/ musician/ writer
8. Which of these has a coastline?
Sweden/ Switzerland/ both
9. Which of these has a coastline?
Uganda/ Zimbabwe/ neither
10. Tectonic plates are
in valleys/ in mountain ranges/ below the ground
Solutions to Years 7-10 Quiz 1
5. on foot
10. below the ground
Years 7-10 Quiz 2
1. You might see a mirage in a
mirror/ desert/ volcano’s crater
2. The three primary colours are red, blue and
brown/ white/ yellow
3. Crabs are
crustaceans/ molluscs/ sea anemones
4. The first man on the moon was Neil
Armstrong/ Diamond/ Thomas
5. Igneous refers to a type of
animal/ vegetable/ rock
6. Cellos are musical
notes/ compositions/ instruments
7. Black holes have no
gravity/ light/ mass
8. Rembrandt was a famous
dancer/ artist/ writer
9. Our voice box is called the
larynx/ coccyx/ sternum
10. The age of a tree may be found by counting its
leaves/ branches/ rings
Solutions to Yrs 7-10 Quiz 2
Years 7-10 Quiz 3
1. London Bobbies are
soldiers/ policemen/ firemen
2. A light year is a
distance/ period of time/ speed
3. Compared to 3/5, 40% is
less/ greater/ equal
4. Hesitant means
careful/ impatient/ six-sided
5. ‘Pyro’ has to do with
snakes/ fire/ pyramids
6. Full moons occur approximately every
2 weeks/ 4 weeks/ 2 months
7. Switzerland is well-known for producing
computers/ clocks and watches/ automobiles
8. Moscow is a city in
Mongolia/ Russia/ Poland
9. The capital city of India is
New Delhi/ Mumbai/ Chennai
10. A medieval plague was the
White Death/ Grey Death/ Black Death
Solutions to Yrs 7-10 Quiz 3
6. 4 weeks
7. clocks and watches
9. New Delhi
10. Black Death
Years 7-10 Quiz 4
1 Earthquakes occur along fault
lines spaces walls
2 Sand is used in the making of
plastics glass alloys
3 Pistons are found in
flowers volcanic rock engines
4 Sceptical means
calm doubtful careful
5 Tibet is a country that is
mountainous tropical dry
6 Dogs are canines and cats are
felines bovines kitines
7 A great river in South America is the
Nile Mississippi Amazon
8 You would see a blimp
on rails up above at sea
9 The kingfisher is a
marsupial fish bird
10 The word zooming is
an adverb a verb an adjective
Solutions to Yrs 7-10 Quiz 4
8. up above
Years 7-10 Quiz 5
1 Seoul is a city in
Europe Asia South America
2 The number zero is
prime composite neither of these
3 Mt Everest’s height is a little less than
4 km 9 km 15 km
4 Pallid means
pale tasteless hard
5 A large city in Brazil is
Moscow Rio de Janeiro Toronto
6 The word ‘bonjour’ is
Italian German French
7 This is used to hold bricks together.
mortar gyprock slate
8 Rabbits live in
warrens caves dens
9 Space shuttles rely on booster
navigation rockets antennae
10 Tepid means slightly
burnt warm overheated
Solutions to Yrs 7-10 Quiz 5
5. Rio de Janeiro
Years 7-10 Quiz 6
1 A planet with a red spot is
Mars Jupiter Saturn
2 Tsunamis are sometimes called
tidal waves earthquake waves pressure waves
3 The number of syllables in encyclopaedia is
5 6 7
4 How many Olympic rings are there?
3 4 5
5 Which one is a well-known volcano?
Mt. Vesuvius Mt. Everest Mt. Rushmore
6 Which one is not an ancient civilisation?
Greek Aztec Harian
7 A man named Hans is more likely
Italian Indian German
8 A lady named Olga is more likely
Russian French Spanish
9 People who can use both hands equally well are
bi-handed ambidextrous double jointed
10 The book of Islam is called the
Musolind Sanidan Koran
Solutions to Yrs 7-10 Quiz 6
2. tidal waves
5. Mt. Vesuvius
Years 5-6 Quiz 1
1. The Japanese flag is red and
white blue yellow
2. A former president of the USA was George
Edison Clinton Washington
3. The earth is
spherical elliptical conical
4. William Shakespeare was a
painter musician writer
5. The moon is a ? of Earth
meteorite satellite lunarmite
6. The diameter of a circle is double the length of the
circumference perimeter radius
7. In our solar system the number of major planets is
nine eight fourteen
8. Christopher Columbus was an
explorer artist aviator
9. In our body the main organ of circulation is the
liver heart diaphragm
pulsate resuscitate germinate
Solutions to Years 5-6 Quiz 1
Years 5-6 Quiz 2
1. The capital city of France is
Rome Frankfurt Paris
2. Captain Cook’s first name was
Jonathon Jeremiah James
3. The strength of an earthquake is measured by a
seismograph polygraph barometer
4. Cumulus is a type of
cloud cucumber calculating machine
5. Guy Fawkes wanted to blow up
nuclear reactors parliament oil rigs
6. An enclosure for pigs is a
paddock barn sty
7. Alps are very high
structures mountains clouds
8. If you have Euros you have
good luck money a disease
9. New Delhi is a city in
China Russia India
10. You would see a ringmaster at a
circus zoo bull fight
Solutions to Years 5-6 Quiz 2
Years 5-6 Quiz 3
1. The capital city of Japan is
Tokyo Shanghai Bombay
2. Polar Bears live closer to the
North Pole South Pole Tropic of Capricorn
3. In one litre there are
10 ml 100 ml 1 000 ml
4. Mushrooms are
toadstools cacti fungi
5. Marlin are
fish birds reptiles
6. The word delightful is
an adverb a verb an adjective
7. One factor of 39 is
13 17 19
8. Pygmies are
short tall thin
9. In one hour there are
3 600 seconds 36 000 seconds 360 seconds
10. A barometer measures
air pressure temperature altitude
Solutions to Years 5-6 Quiz 3
2. North Pole
3. 1 000 ml
9. 3 600 seconds
10. air pressure
Years 5-6 Quiz 4
1 Every insect has a head, thorax and
abomination absolution abdomen
2 The female is duck. The male is
drake goose gander
3 How many minutes are there in ¼ of an hour?
20 10 15
4 The Brothers Grimm told
lies stories fortunes
5 What bees do to flowers
chlorinate pollinate germinate
6 How many quarters in 3 wholes?
6 8 12
7 The animals that can exist on land and in water are
amphibians vertebrates marsupials
8 The largest ocean is the
Atlantic Indian Pacific
9 A bird of prey is the
owl crow falcon
10 Tropical countries are not too far from
the equator the sea mountains
Solutions to Years 5-6 Quiz 4
10. the equator
Years 5-6 Quiz 5
1 Some people say cats have
9 lives 7 lives 10 lives
2 Robin hood was a
pirate soldier bandit
3 The Sahara Desert is in the continent of
Africa Asia South America
4 A pentagon has
6 sides 5 sides 8 sides
5 The mouth of a river is sometimes called a
delta source tributary
6 Protons are found in
atoms veins engines
7 Which is the hardest?
silver diamond gold
8 Which has the biggest population?
China Japan India
9 The River Nile flows through
France Italy Egypt
10 White light is made up of
one colour two colours many colours
Solutions to Years 5-6 Quiz 5
1. 9 lives
10. many colours
Years 5-6 Quiz 6
1 Astronomers study
chemistry soil stars
howl trumpet whine
3 You may well see a steeple on a
ship church farm
4 Tibet is
next to an ocean in a valley mountainous
5 An aroma is something’s
taste sound smell
6 Frogs are
reptiles amphibians neither of these
7 Leonardo da Vinci
painted invented both of these
8 An example of a prime number is
9 12 19
9 Heat is extremely important when
bricklaying designing welding
10 The Loch Ness Monster ‘lives’ in
England Scotland Ireland
Solutions to Years 5-6 Quiz 6
7. both of these 8. 19
Years 3-4 Quiz 1
1. Which is the smaller?…
town/ village/ city
2. Name a country with 5 letters.
3. I make things look bigger. I have two words. I am a….
4. I am a certain animal that lives on land and in the water. I build dams. I am a …..
5. Name any colour with 6 letters.
6. I am a vegetable with two o’s and two n’s I am an …..
7. What is the world’s highest mountain?
8. Name any large mammal that lives close to the North Pole.
9. Why do we see lightning before we hear thunder?
10. Name two striped mammals, each with 5 letters.
Solutions to Years 3-4 Quiz 1
2. China, Japan, India, Kenya, others
3. magnifying glass
5. purple, yellow, orange, silver, violet, others
7. Mt Everest
8. polar bear, walrus, seal, …
9. light travels faster than sound
10. zebra, tiger
Years 3-4 Quiz 2
1. Can you name three dinosaurs?
2. Which is the biggest:
sun/ Earth/ moon ?
3. I am a very large bird that cannot fly. I can run fast. I begin with o. I am an ?
4. What is the imaginary line around the middle of the earth called?
5. A wallaby is a
mammal/ reptile/ amphibian
6. The flag of the USA is red, white and ?
7. A boulder is a very large
tree/ rock/ mushroom
8. Which month has the fewest days?
9. A finch is a
fish/ mammal/ bird
10. How many sides altogether do 5 rectangles have?
Solutions to Years 3-4 Quiz 2
Years 3-4 Quiz 3
1. Which one doesn’t belong?
moon/ Venus/ Mars/ Saturn/ Neptune
2. How many syllables in the word electricity?
3. How much is a quarter of $20?
4. What time is twenty minutes earlier than 10.15?
5. Which large country in South America begins with B?
6. In which country is the city of Beijing?
7. What is the 4th last letter of the alphabet?
8. How many sides has an octagon?
9. Which great river of South America contains in its name both the first and the last letters of the alphabet?
10. A lady gives birth to quadruplets. How many new babies does she have?
Solutions to Years 3-4 Quiz 3
Years 3-4 Quiz 4
1. What is a baby swan called?
2. This large musical instrument with pipes is sometimes seen in a church.
3. What is the time when it is 30 minutes later than 6.45?
4. Two triangles and two squares: how many sides altogether?
5. How many millimetres in two-and-a-half centimetres?
6. Name a sport with four letters and beginning with g.
7. What has electricity in it and it rhymes with ‘dark’?
8. How many different vowels in ‘ocean’?
9. Can you name a fish beginning with m?
10. What is the 5th last letter of ‘banana’?
Solutions to Years 3-4 Quiz 4
9. marlin, mackerel, etc
Years 3-4 Quiz 5
1. Can you name a country beginning with I and it has 5 letters?
2. This word rhymes with puzzle and it means to drink very quickly.
3. Which is longer, 6 cm or 55 mm?
4. In the word triangle what does tri mean?
5. Which board game has pieces called King, Queen and Bishop?
6. Which sport uses bows, arrows and targets?
7. What are elephants’ tusks made of?
8. Is the centre of the Earth warm, cool, very hot or very cold?
9. Does the Earth spin, revolve or both
10. Which gas do we (humans) breathe out?
Solutions to Years 3-4 Quiz 5
1. India or Italy
8. very hot
10. carbon dioxide
Years 3-4 Quiz 6
1. Is the North Pole in the Arctic region or in Antarctica?
2. What, beginning with the letters sw, is used in the sport of fencing?
3. Do we eat currants or currents?
4. What type of footwear begins with the letters sl ?
5. If you divide 60 by 11 what is the remainder?
6. Which large animal with four letters in its name hibernates in winter?
7. Which season’s name ends with a silent letter?
8. What is the common name for spectacles?
9. Which country has a famous structure called the Great Wall?
10. Which one is not an ape: chimpanzee, monkey, gorilla
Solutions to Years 3-4 Quiz 6
Quizzes for Years 1 & 2
**click graphic for print version**
Years 1-2 Quiz 1
1. I am a large animal. I can go for days without drinking water, I can carry heavy loads. I feel at home in the desert. I begin with the letter c. I am a ?
2. I am a colour. I have 6 letters. I am not too much different from dark blue. My last letter is e. I have two p’s in my name. I am ?
3. I am a girl from a fairy tale. I have a one-word name which has quite a lot of letters and four syllables. I had a wicked stepmother. After going to a ball and losing a glass slipper I married a prince. Who am I ?
4. I have four letters. I can be red, yellow, pink, white or orange. I have a beautiful scent (smell). I am a flower. What kind of flower am I ?
5. Where would you find lava?
6. What number do you get if you add 3 and 2, double that, and then add 11?
7. What is the silent letter in the word island?
8. Four cats have 16 legs. How many spiders have 16 legs?
9. Which of these is not an insect: bee, grasshopper, beetle, scorpion, wasp ?
10. What is a baby kangaroo called?
Solutions to Years 1-2 Quiz 1
5. on the sides of a volcano
Years 1-2 Quiz 2
1. Can you name a mammal beginning with the letter ‘m’?
2. Can you name an insect beginning with the letters ‘bu’?
3. Name two body parts beginning with ‘e’.
4. Which gas do humans breathe in, oxygen or carbon dioxide?
5. What is the imaginary line around the middle of the earth called?
6. How many sides do four triangles have?
7. I am a workman who fixes taps and pipes in the kitchen and bathroom. The name of my job begins with P. I am a ?
8. Can you think of a fruit rhyming with Helen?
9. Which one doesn’t belong?
carrot, banana, apple, lemon, pear
10. Can you think of a precious mineral rhyming with old?
Solutions to Years 1-2 Quiz 2
1. mouse, moose, monkey, ….
3. ear, eye, ….
9. carrot (vegetable)
Years 1-2 Quiz 3
1. What very fast mammal begins with the letters ch?
2. Can you name three planets?
3. I am a hole in the ground. I rhyme with bell. What am I?
4. I am water that falls down the side of a cliff. I am a?
5. Name a body part that rhymes with flea.
6. Granite is a type of ?
7. Can you think of a country beginning with J?
8. Can you think of a sport beginning with the 7th letter of the alphabet?
9. Can you un-jumble the letters of rats to make something that shines?
10. I rhyme with fridge. You can walk or drive over me. What am I?
Solutions to Years 1-2 Quiz 3
7. Japan, …
8. golf, …
Years 1-2 Quiz 4
1 How many tens in 110?
2 How many syllables in the word ‘house’?
3 I float in the sky and I rhyme with ‘loud’. I am a ?
4 If you double 4 and then halve that answer what are you left with?
5 How many minutes in half an hour?
6 Which two months begin with the letters ‘Ju’?
7 Can you name a bird beginning with m?
8 How many syllables has helicopter?
9 Which word rhymes with bell and means ‘shout’?
10 Name a fruit with 3 syllables.
Solutions to Years 1-2 Quiz 4
6. June, July
7. magpie, macaw, mockingbird, etc
10. apricot, strawberry, mandarin, blackberry, nectarine, pineapple, etc
Years 1-2 Quiz 5
1 Rooster is the male. What is the female?
2 Which planet is closest to the sun?
3 What is the 5th letter of the alphabet?
4 I am a small stream and I rhyme with ‘look’. I am a ?
5 At what time of the day or night is dawn?
6 Name a large ocean beginning with P.
7 How much is half of $28?
8 What instrument –it has 3 syllables- is used to look at very tiny things?
9 Can you name a vegetable beginning with ‘sp’?
10 What gas do we breathe in to our lungs?
Solutions to Years 1-2 Quiz 5
5. early in the morning (sunrise)
Years 1-2 Quiz 6
1 What instrument measures the air temperature?
2 What animal has a name beginning with double l?
3 Which farm animal has a beard?
4 I am a shape. My first three letters are r-e-c. I am a ?
5 How many centimetres in two metres?
6 Can you think of a dog breed beginning with the letters
7 Can you think of a type of food containing double z in its name?
8 Which country has a name that has these initials: NZ?
9 We have two of these inside us and they help us breathe. They begin with l. They are our ?
10 This large musical instrument with strings has 4 letters and begins with h.
Solutions to Years 1-2 Quiz 6
7. pizza (and a type of cheese is mozzarella)
8. New Zealand
Quizzes for PP & Kindy
**click AT Quizzes PP and K for print version**
PP and Kindy Quiz 1
1. I am an insect. My name starts with ‘gr’. I hop. I am a ?
2. Sam has two pet birds (canaries). Sam also has five pet fish (goldfish). How many more goldfish than canaries does Sam have?
3. Daddy bought a new shirt. Its colour has three letters. What colour is daddy’s shirt?
4. I saw two cows in a paddock. How many legs do the two cows have altogether?
5. What colour rhymes with Jack?
6. What colour rhymes with bean?
7. What bent fruit looks a bit like the moon does sometimes?
8. What is a baby sheep called?
9. What time is it when the little hand on the clock is on the 3 and the big hand is on the 12?
10. Some clothes are made of this. It begins with cot. What is it?
Solutions to PP and K Quiz 1
9. three o’clock
PP and Kindy Quiz 2
1. I am used to open locked doors or locked boxes. I rhyme with flea. I am a?
2. I’m found in the garden. I live inside my shell. I am a ?
3. A very, very, very big hill is called a ?
4. I am a bird. I swim in rivers or lakes. I have a very long neck. What am I?
5. I am a yellow colour and I begin with b. I am spread on bread. What am I?
6. What do we call a baby -or very young- pig?
7. What number is two more than 9?
8. Which one is round: square, triangle, circle?
9. Name an animal with a trunk.
10. Can you think of a flower that begins with r?
Solutions to PP and K Quiz 2
10. rose, …
PP and Kindy Quiz 3
1. Name a fruit beginning with the first letter of the alphabet.
2. Name two colours beginning with the letter b.
3. Name an insect with stripes.
4. How many wheels altogether do three bicycles have?
5. I grow and I have branches and leaves. What am I?
6. I am a sport for two or four players. There is a net in the middle. Each player has a racquet and there is a ball. What sport am I?
7. I am a large musical instrument. You sit on a stool to play me. I have white and black keys. I am a?
8. I begin with f. I am a very young horse. I am a?
9. A very, very, very large boat is called a ?
10. Which part of your face rhymes with south?
Solutions to PP and K Quiz 3
2. brown, black, blue, beige, …
3. bee, wasp, …
PP and Kindy Quiz 4
1. A horse has long hair hanging down from the top of its head and shoulders. What do we call this long hair on a horse?
2. What do we call a very short sleep? (it rhymes with cap)
3. Is a grandfather clock tall, small or medium sized?
4. Which two colours can be mixed to make green?
5. Ships sail in the sea. The sea is sometimes called the ? (begins with o)
6. How many sides do square things have?
7. What colour rhymes with shoe?
8. What is the top part of a candle called? (it is the bit we light and it starts with w)
9. A duck says ‘quack’. What does a donkey say?
10. What number is 3 more than 5?
Solutions to PP and K Quiz 4
4. blue and yellow
9. hee-haw; (or ee-aw)
PP and Kindy Quiz 5
1. What can we hold up to our eyes to look at far away things? (starts with b)
2. What helps fish swim? They start with f.
3. Fish blow these; they start with b.
4. Can you think of a striped animal that looks like a horse?
5. What is the tallest animal?
6. What is inside our body and it pumps blood? (starts with h)
7. Some people say you’ll find this at the end of a rainbow. What is it?
8. What rhymes with ring and we can do it with our voice?
9. How many tentacles has an octopus?
10. Has many legs has a spider?
Solutions to PP and K Quiz 5
7. pot of gold
PP and Kindy Quiz 6
1. What colour rhymes with ‘think’?
2. In what part of the house would you find pots and pans?
3. Where would you look to see planets?
4. You sit on it. It rhymes with bear.
5. Can you think of a fruit that starts with the 1st letter of the alphabet?
6. What is the opposite of up?
7. What do aeroplanes have on each side of them? (starts with w)
8. Are sharks and dolphins both fish?
9. What is wet and falls from clouds?
10. What colour begins with br?
Solutions to PP and K Quiz 6
8. no (dolphins are mammals)
PP and Kindy Quiz 7
- I am an insect. I make honey. I am a ?
- Pat had four stickers and then got three more. How many stickers does she have now?
- What colour starting with O has the same name as a fruit?
- How many legs altogether do four crows have?
- What colour rhymes with shoe?
- What colour rhymes with bed?
- What part of your hand rhymes with plum?
- What is a baby kangaroo called?
- What time is it when the little hand on the clock is on the 8 and the big hand is on the 12?
- Some warm clothes are made of this. It begins with w. What is it?
Solutions to PP and K Quiz 7
9. eight o’clock
PP and Kindy Quiz 8
- I float in the sky and I’m often white and fluffy-looking. What am I?
- I’m a very small insect and I’m usually black. I have three letters. My first letter is the first letter of the alphabet. What am I?
- I’m a place where people like to swim. I rhyme with peach. What am I?
- I’m a sea creature and I can be dangerous. My name rhymes with park. What am I?
- I’m a drink that has a white colour. I come from cows. What am I?
- What do we call a very young or baby cat?
- What number is two more than seven?
- Which one has three sides: square, triangle, circle?
- What do we call a baby sheep or a very young sheep?
- Which Australian bird makes a laughing sound?
Solutions to PP and K Quiz 8
PP and Kindy Quiz 9
- In a nursery rhyme who fell off a wall and couldn’t be put back together again?
- Which colour begins with the letters ‘ye’?
- Which insect starts with m and looks like a butterfly?
- How many wheels altogether do two cars have?
- What part of a plant or tree is under the ground? (begins with r)
- Which sport is played with bats, a ball and wickets (or stumps)?
- I am a musical instrument that has strings and I begin with g. What am I?
- I am a large animal in the desert and I have a hump on my back. What am I?
- Is a canoe a small boat or a large boat?
- Which part of your face rhymes with rose?
Solutions to PP and K Quiz 9
1. Humpty Dumpty
PP and Kindy Quiz 10
- What kind of animals race in the Melbourne Cup?
- Sometime when we sleep we have a ? (rhymes with cream)
- Which is more money: a $5 note or three 50 cent pieces?
- The colour pink can be made by mixing two other colours; one is white and the other is ?
- Surfers ride their surfboards on ? (rhymes with caves)
- How many sides altogether do two squares have?
- What colour rhymes with bean?
- What colour are strawberries?
- A sheep says bah. What does a cow say?
- What number is four more than six?
Solutions to PP and K Quiz 10
3. $5 note
PP and Kindy Quiz 11
- People put me above their head to protect me from getting wet when it’s raining. I begin with u. What am I?
- If insects and birds didn’t have these they wouldn’t be able to fly. What are they?
- How many legs do flies have?
- Do tigers have spots or stripes?
- Which animal looks a bit like a monkey and has a name beginning with ch?
- The air we breathe in goes inside our body and into our ? (rhymes with rungs)
- Some pirates wore a patch over one of these. What is it? (rhymes with pie)
- What rhymes with wrong and we sing it?
- What kind of animal was Tyrannosaurus Rex?
- How many legs altogether do five children have?
Solutions to PP and K Quiz 11
PP and Kindy Quiz 12
- What colour rhymes with bed?
- What fruit rhymes with thumb?
- What falls from the sky, is white and cold, and rhymes with grow?
- How many wheels do four bicycles have?
- What is the 4th letter of the alphabet?
- What is the opposite of soft?
- In houses and other buildings what is higher up, the ceiling or the roof?
- Which of these has to come out of the water to take breaths: sharks or dolphins?
- What comes first, thunder or lightning?
- What fruit rhymes with beach?
Solutions to PP and K Quiz 12
5. d (D)